Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2, What’s Good?
The Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Fish finder is the ultimate device to meet your fishing requirements. Built in a very sleek and portable design, the Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Fish finder enhances your fishing skills and further facilitates it. It out does its older version, the Helix 5 GPS G2 by a far margin and adds many updated specifications to it. The name itself represents its specialties. The HELIX 5 G2 CHIRP sonar replaces all up to date fish finding sonars and enhances the whole procedure of fish finding double folds. It is indeed a remarkable innovation when it comes to making fishing easier and fun.
Why Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2?
Humminbird HELIX 5 CHIRP G2 GPS is the best fish finder that you can avail. The HELIX series has always been delivering the latest in the markets evolving with the latest technologies. The new Humminbird HELIX 5 gives you precise and accurate Imaging SONAR with perfect maps from Auto Chart Live. The Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS is also loaded with the very reliable REFLEX interface and the very precise Broadband CHIRP. It doesn’t fall back when it comes to its design. With a slim and sleek industrial quality design, the Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 can compete with any fancy fish finding gadget. The HELIX 5 is loaded with Humminbird’s latest and updated User Interface and operating system featuring an outstanding 800H x 480V, 5″ 256 color display with backlight. The HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 has an inbuilt UniMap cartography further making fishing a lot easier. It boasts of its precise Internal GPS Chart plotting which is indeed one of a kind and supports a microSD card slot which makes saving maps and waypoints hassle free. The ultimate specification making HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 one of a kind is the CHIRP Dual Beam PLUS SONAR with a whopping 4000watts PTP output. CHIRP SONAR reduces chances of error to a bare minimum providing you with utmost accurate interpretations.
All about the new Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2
The HELIX 5 is a specifically built product targeted to ease the process of fishing and hence it is loaded with the best of specifications available. The device is equipped with CHIRP sonar technology which uses the data of a sonar gathered through the frequencies emitted through the transducer providing interpretations with zero error, better target separation, better bottom lock and imaging and remarkable depth capacity. The unit uses the traditional 2D sonar however enhanced with the Dual Beam Plus enabling you to scan under the boat with both sonar beams. The device also provides the function of Selective FishID+ which simply replaces the fish arches with fish symbols making it easier to identify and it also comes with a fish alarm. The fish alarm further eases the process making the tiresome job of constant monitoring a long gone history. The HELIX 5 G2 also provides Sonar recording with which you can go back and rewind the sonar feeds in case you need to have a second look at a place. Another spec is the Bottom Lock that locks the focus to a certain area where you intend to concentrate. The UniMap charts and AutoChat Live are some other features of the Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 in the ones equipped with a Lakemaster or Navionics. The software of the HELIX 5 G2 is upgradable hence keeping the device updated won’t be a problem with the HELIX 5. The Humminbird 410210-1 HELIX 5 CHIRP GPS G2 indeed has remarkable charting capabilities at a very affordable price.
1. The CHIRP frequencies (Out of Box Transducer) comes in two variants. The 83kHz variant ranges between approximately 75-95 kHz and the 200kHz variant varies between 175-225kHz.
2. The CHIRP frequency (Optional Purchase Transducer) come in three different variants of variable intensities. The Low-intensity transducer works between the range of 28-75 kHz. The Medium intensity transducer between 75-155kHz and the High-intensity variant between 130-250 kHz.
3. The HELIX 5 G2 has a maximum depth capacity of a whopping 2500 feet.
4. The display size of the device diagonally is 5”.
5. The display pixel matrix of the HELIX 5 is 800H x 480V making a sharp and crystal clear display.
6. The HELIX 5 comes with Color TFT display type and a 16bit color grayscale.
7. The SONAR in the new HELIX 5 is the very new CHIRP digital sonar/Dual Beam Plus.
8. The standard sonar coverage of the HELIX 5 G2 between 20° & 60° @ 10db and a standard SONAR frequency of 83/200kHz.
9. The HELIX 5 G2 has a target separation of 2.5”.
10. The RMS power output of HELIX 5 is 500 watts whereas the Peak to Peak power output registers up to 4000 Watts.
11. The GPS has an LED backlight display with split screen zoom and split screen bottom lock. The device has a large digit view with custom view selections and digital readout options.
12.The is a temperature alarm, freeze frame options, instant image update, real time sonar and selective ID+ too.
13. A card reader slot is also included in the Humminbird HELIX 5.
14. The device has a power input of 10.8-20 VDC and a Power Draw of 600mA.
15. The device uses UniMap and also Register Routes, Waypoints, and Tracks.
Cool features of Helix 5 G2:
• Box comes with transducer and mounting hardware, panel with mount and hardware. Instructions booklet.
• The mount can be disengaged from the device and the transducer connection and can be used on another boat. Remember the transducer and power connectors should be identical.
• The device has a zoom function so if you set the depth correctly and add zoom, Helix 5 should give you a decent view.
• The transducer is a fish/depth finder. Mount it somewhere to the hull. Run the wire through scupper. Make sure the actual transducer is mounted.
• Except for sealant the device comes with everything needed to mount.
• In order to get maps and topographic views of the lake you need to buy them. Navionics is recommended.
• For areas that the Helix 5 doesn’t have any map, you’d have to download them before use.
• The device doesn’t support side view scan.
• It has a split screen for all the modes
• You need an inline fuse holder. Walmart has good inline fuse blocks but check the size of the fuse that is in Helix 5 before you buy. Splice it on the end of the power line (red wire), then you can attach it to the power line where you are installing it, red wire first. Then the ground, then you can plug it into the unit.
• You can get Transducer cord extension from the Humminbird factory outlet or from their site.
• The display can be switched from split screen to full screen for sonar or GPS.
The unit has an internal antenna so you don’t need any separate accessory or module to buy for the GPS to work. The transducer is 20’ in length and depending on the models sometimes the cable is 15’. You can install any external memory card on the slot no problem. The unit displays latitude and longitude. The mount is fixed although the angle can be modified. It must be loosened, moved and then retightened. The unit doesn’t come with an internal battery, you need to connect it with the boat’s 12 volt system, with in-line fuse.
What customers say
Thousands of happy customers around the world reported Humminbird Helix5 GPS GP2 as their most favorite fish finder. The review has been written based on the questions and experience of happy users on different sites such as Amazon, Walmart and several others.
Should you buy it?
Of course the decision is yours. We’ve asked the same question to many users and received ‘why not? You got nothing to lose’ as an answer. We recommend it as well.