If you are a dog lover and you own dogs, you know how nasty it can get if your dog does it anywhere and everywhere and you wonder how to get rid of dog urine smell. Cleaning up dog urine can get real messy unless you know the right way to do it. Let’s find out top nine ways you can get rid of cat urine smell.
What's in this article?
Cleaning dog urine from carpet
1. Grab a clean towel and immediately blot the spot. The towel will soak up as much urine as possible
2. Mix a few drops of mild soap with warm water and wipe the spot with the water. Then blot with a dry towel.
3. Sprinkle some baking soda (not more than 120 grams) over the spot. Let it sit overnight.
4. The next morning, clean up the baking soda with a vacuum cleaner. This will suck up the powder and clean the surface. Rinse and repeat as many times as necessary to clean the surface properly.
#how to get rid of dog urine smell and stain from carpet?
Method 01: Wet towel and Enzyme neutralizer method
1. Your dog’s urine can leave stain on your carpet if you leave it there for a long time. If you wonder how to get dog smell out of carpet then start with dampening a towel with warm water and blot dry the spot. Continue blotting until the stain is diluted.
2. Spray some enzyme neutralizer on the spot and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Before spraying the enzyme neutralizer on the stained spot, do a test on a small area of your carpet and check if it ruins the color of the carpet.
3. Blot dry the spot
Method 02: Cornstarch method
1. To get rid of the stain fast, sprinkle a generous amount of cornstarch over the stained spot.
2. Let the cornstarch sit for 30 minutes or more.
3. Rinse with water. After that, blot dry the spot. The smell should be gone.
4. If the smell is strong, spray some water on cornstarch and let it dry completely. After that, clean the cornstarch with a vacuum cleaner.
Method 03: Club soda method
1. Apply some club soda on the area.
2. Start dabbing the area with a clean sponge. This will absorb the urine.
3. With a clean towel, blot dry the area.
4. Spray some air freshener around the area.
Method 04: Vinegar can get rid of dog pee smell
1. Mix equal amount of white distilled vinegar and lukewarm water.
2. Pour the solution on the area or dampen a soft cloth with the solution and rub the area gently. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Blot dry with a towel.
Method 05: Baking soda
1. For additional cleaning, repeat method 04. After that, take 4 tablespoons of baking soda and apply it on the area.
2. Let it sit overnight.
3. Clean up the soda with a vacuum cleaner.
Method 06: Hydrogen peroxide method
1. Get 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide. Gently soak a towel in hydrogen peroxide.
2. Place the towel over the area and let it sit for 3 hours.
3. Mix 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide with 1 teaspoon of dish liquid.
4. Spray this solution on the area and apply some baking soda.
5. Scrub the solution with a brush and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
6. Clean up the area with a vacuum cleaner.
Method 07: Apple cider vinegar
1. Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to one gallon of hot tap water.
2. Using a mop, scrub the area with the solution.
3. Blot dry with clean towel.
4. Again, sprinkle some baking soda over the area and let it sit for one and a half hour.
5. Clean up with vacuum cleaner.
Method 08: Chlorine bleach
1. Put some chlorine bleach in a spray bottle.
2. Spray it on the area and let it sit for 1-2 hour.
3. Rinse the area.
This method can be used on wooden surface. Do a test for colorfastness on a small area of your surface. Be very careful while using bleach. This can damage your clothing and furniture. You or your pet shouldn’t inhale its fumes.
Method 09: Make some Enzyme cleaner
You can make your own enzyme cleaner!
1. Get a bottle and add 7 tablespoons of brown sugar.
2. Add 1.5 cups of lemon and orange peels.
3. Add 1 liter of water and shake it thoroughly.
4. Remove the cap halfway and let the gas release.
5. Store it for 3 months. After that, you have your own enzyme cleaner!